incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'protocols' sub-module of MINA
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:52:44 GMT
On 7/4/06, peter royal <proyal@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2006, at 11:17 AM, Irving, Dave wrote:
> >> So, my proposal is, how about we start creating module(s) in
> >> MINA for protocols?
> >>

> > Of course, Im biased - but It would be a shame if we re-wrote http
> > support on top of Mina over again, when we have asyncweb already :o)
> > We were originally going to make asyncweb a subproject of mina, but at
> > the time it was decided it would be cleaner to keep it as a separate
> > project.
>
> Right, it certainly would be a shame.
>
> Interested in bringing AsyncWeb over here? :)

Bringing in AsyncWeb and other possible future contributions will make this
project quite too big to fit into a subproject.  We might need an incubation
process to find a better place for MINA eventually.  Any idea?  I will CC
this message to general@incubator.

I think that if it lived w/MINA, it might get more help staying up-to-
> date with our API changes.

I agree with you. :)

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6