incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] IRC guidelines (was Re: Extensible Ajax Platform (XAP) Project Update)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:59:17 GMT
> below) and other recent threads, here's what I would propose also be
> doc'd:
>
> "IRC can be used by a podling to bring new people up to speed (e.g.
> Q&A between available committers and interested users/contributors),
> although such sessions should be archived and made available to those
> not able to attend.  However, using IRC as a means to conduct
> development/architecture discussions is discouraged.  Even with the
> best intentions, experience has shown that it is difficult to maintain
> such discussions without implicit decisions being made in the
> process."

that sounds good. it makes clear that IRC *can* be used for Q/A. and
it should be
made public. For instance for a Q&A "session" the content could/should
end-up in a FAQ or the FAQ should/could be enhanced.

also no dev/arch decissions is mentioned.

-Matt

> Thoughts?
>
> Cliff
>
> On 7/11/06, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
> > Jean-
> >

> > > Given this paragraph in the committers guide [1]:

in email. As some people say, 'If it isn't in my email, it didn't happen.'