incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Opening a issue on JIRA ? (was Re: trademark issue)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 01:38:36 GMT
Hey,

since *all* incubator project templates (pattern:
http://i.a.o/projects/podlingname.html) have a reference to
"nameprotect.com", we should open a task / issue on JIRA.

The *problem* is, that nameprotect.com is not usable for free (but it
was in the past).
I think that it was free to use in the past is the reason why it's
mentioned in that html pages. But there are alternate solutions,
already mentioned on this list. I really can't remember if we did
something like that in the past (for instance for the MyFaces
project).

On the wiki (see [1]) I started a *small* documentation on the trademark thing.

What do you think on that?

-Matthias

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Trademarks