incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [UPDATE] CeltiXfire Project Proposal
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:41:15 GMT

On 18 Jul 06, at 11:04 AM 18 Jul 06, Mladen Turk wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>>
>>> So you wouldn't mind of mine humble non binding -1
>>> vote. Like said, I don't have nothing against
>>> that project, but like in many things in life
>>> even the ASF seems to behave in the spirit of:
>>> Quod licet Jovi non licet bovi.
>>>
>>> That's very sad :(
>>>
>> I don't think it's that hard to get onto the Incubator PMC and
>> thus have your vote be binding. Being on the Incubator PMC just
>> gives some indication that you're committed to being involved.
>
> Well, I just expressed my opinion as an ASF member, because this
> project and their mentors show no respect to the other members
> feelings about it.

I don't think there is any disrespect but there may be a difference
of opinion but that's not the same thing. There's always going to be
a difference of opinion about what projects people think are
appropriate or not, or what people others think are appropriate or
not. It's not a matter of impropriety or disrespect, it's a matter of
opinion and everyone has one.

> I doubt me being on the PMC would change anything.
> Since only PMC and Board votes count (the same one we elected),
> I'll recognise any decision made, and never say anything opposite
> once when accepted/rejected.
>
> Regards,
> Mladen.

Jason van Zyl