incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 repo for incubating project releases?
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:12:52 GMT
> I don't know the background of this policy, but to me it seems that
> including "incubating" (or something like that) in the artifact
> version number is much more visible to a user than the repository
> where the artifact resides.

AIUI, the concern raised by Noel was that Maven never indicates the
artifact version number.  Therefore, even if it had 'incubating' in
there somewhere, it wouldn't matter as no one would know it was under
incubation.

The key component is that the usage of incubating artifacts must be
with the user's informed consent  that they are downloading something
that is not officially an ASF project (i.e. that it is under
Incubation).   -- justin