incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 repo for incubating project releases?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:25:20 GMT
> From the repository point of view - I don't see any reason why not. As
> long as they are defined releases (rather than snapshots), then they
> fit the rsync repo. +1

The point that I've heard from Noel in the past (not sure if he's busy
traveling and not reading email) is that he wanted Maven repositories
with Incubating projects to be completely separate from non-Incubating
projects.  That is, the user must actively add a Maven repository URL
that has 'incubator' or something similar in it to understand that
they are downloading something that is not an official project.  So, I
don't believe we should allow any Incubating artifacts in any
'regular' Maven repository that the ASF has any control over.  --
justin.