incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Blaze and Openness of Standards (was Re: [Proposal] Blaze)
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 03:22:42 GMT
On 7/24/06, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
>  I had read Roys comment to be that there they where not used in software
>  in the related domain. I may have read more into the statement than I

I think you misunderstood Roy's comment.  Let me re-paste his comment
as I think you are confusing what he originally said:

----
In any case, BLAZE is one of the more over-registered trademarks
in the USPTO with 329 applications, most of them live and at least
one registered for web software.  It is not an acceptable name for
a podling.
----

So, once again, according to his research, the name Blaze *is* already
used in software already.  -- justin