incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Mentors - the more, the merrier?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:14:33 GMT
On 7/12/06, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> If you can't devote the required effort, tell the others and 'resign'. The

One thing our members are *very* *very* good at is overcommiting
themselves.  So, no, seeing a mentor resign due to not being able to
devote the "required" effort is extremely rare.

I will note that the ASF Board has discussed this specific issue with
podlings in the past and the general consensus from the Board was that
a "designated" mentor was a good idea.  (I'll note that I think at
least one Director changed his opinion after the meeting - so the view
is not unanimous.)

I'm +1 for a podling PMC chair as forcing podlings to learn
accountability is a good thing.  -- justin