incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Extensible Ajax Platform (XAP) Project Update
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:20:45 GMT
> Given this paragraph in the committers guide [1]:
>
> > Everything -- but everything-- inside the Apache world occurs or is reflected in
email. As some people say, 'If it isn't in my email, it didn't happen.'

> Would adding this sentence to the end help?
>
>    Decisions only get made on Apache mail lists -- not anywhere
>    off list, such as IRC, IM, or private emails.

+1.  Can't hurt to be more explicit.  Would rephrase it to be "on
public Apache mail lists".  (Unless it's personal or security-related,
it doesn't belong on the (P)PMC list either...but that caveat doesn't
apply here in this context.)

Thanks!  -- justin