incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Adinarayana Sakala" <adisak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:13:37 GMT
Hi Jim,

We are definetely committed to build the project and community at
Apache. So, Any and all new development will happen at Apache. That
said, as i indicated in my email before there might be a need to do
some bug fixes and maybe point releases for Celtix and XFire based on
old code base in order to support current users before they migrate to
the merged code base.

If Apache process allows us to handle this by making bug fixes and
perform point releases from within Apache i see no reason to continue
any development at Objectweb.

So, in my opinion we definetely fall under your first scenario.

Regards,
Adi Sakala

On 7/5/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> To make this easier:
>
> Say I have this cool project that I'd like to contribute
> to the ASF and have it become a TLP. I donate the code,
> it enters the incubator, a community is built around it
> and the external project is put out to pasture (ala
> SpamAssassin).
>
> Now consider a case where I donate the code, it enters
> the incubator, but I do NOT terminate the external
> project... Then what was the reason *for* the
> "move" to the ASF? It wasn't a move at all, but
> a simple code drop.
>
> These are 2 very different things. And the Incubator must
> be informed which of the 2 CeltiXfire will be.

Adi Sakala
http://celtix.objectweb.org