incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [UPDATE] CeltiXfire Project Proposal
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:33:02 GMT

On 18 Jul 06, at 9:38 PM 18 Jul 06, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Jason,
>
> I am +1 for the project, overall.
>
> I do suggest that we start out with the PPMC of you and the other
> Mentors,
> have you bring Dan and other appropriate people onto the PMC as
> your first
> order of business, and them go about selecting Committers.  From
> what I
> recall at ApacheCon, there was some uncertaintly about the current
> roster,
> so let's allow the PPMC to review and address as appropriate.

Sure, once the vote is formally complete and we move on the next
phase I'll get that rolling.

> As was discussed at ApacheCon EU, I hope that the project will
> continue
> efforts to collaborate with the rest of the Web Services community
> at the
> ASF, because I hate to see wasted, redundant, effort when
> collaboration is
> possible.  And it certainly appears from discussion that they are
> willing to
> explore any number of options.

I think Dan has shown from past efforts that he's always worked well
with the WS efforts and has a good relationship with them and will
continue that trend. The rest of us will follow Dan's example there
so I think we'll be fine.

> So give it your best effort, and good luck.  :-)

Thanks, much appreciated.

> 	--- Noel

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org