incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject question about naming
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:00:41 GMT
The Naming section of the Branding Guidelines states (among other
things) that

   ...podling MUST be referred to as Apache "Podling-Name" AND mention
   that the project is under Incubation. Suitable mentions include:

   * Inclusion of the http://incubator.apache.org/"podling-name" URL
   * Apache "Podling-Name" is currently undergoing Incubation at the
     Apache Software Foundation.

See http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#Naming

Is it intended that either of the two mentions (specifically just
the URL) satisfy this requirement? I.e., that something like this
be sufficient on a third party web page that discusses the project:

         Apache Podling-Name
     </a>

Thanks
Martin

PS Based on prior discussions on this list I suspect that the answer
to my question is "no" (and that the both mentions should be included)
but it seems that the text above could reasonably be interpreted so as
to require *at least one* of the two but not necessarily both.