incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [UPDATE] CeltiXfire Project Proposal
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:50:05 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>> We have 4 mentors already,
>> and from a logistical standpoint I find it hard to keep up with. Each
>> mentor tends to have a different opinion or different input.  While more
>> input can be great, it can easily get to the point of overload and
>> impedes Getting Stuff Done. :-)
> As for your legitimate concern, if you do find that there are discordant
> views coming to CeltixFire from the PMC, please first discuss it within the
> project, and if that doesn't help to resolve it, inform the Incubator PMC so
> that we can address the problem.

I was gonna say ... when we do things right, all of your mentors, one of them
or 5 of them all speak with one voice.  When that doesn't happen confront them
(politely) with the discrepancy.  90+% of the time, you probably will discover
they were saying the same thing, different ways, same net result.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message