incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [UPDATE] CeltiXfire Project Proposal
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:28:11 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 21:38 -0400, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> Jason,
>>
>> I am +1 for the project, overall.
>>
>> I do suggest that we start out with the PPMC of you and the other Mentors,
>> have you bring Dan and other appropriate people onto the PMC as your first
>> order of business, and them go about selecting Committers.  From what I
>> recall at ApacheCon, there was some uncertaintly about the current roster,
>> so let's allow the PPMC to review and address as appropriate.
>>
>> As was discussed at ApacheCon EU, I hope that the project will continue
>> efforts to collaborate with the rest of the Web Services community at the
>> ASF, because I hate to see wasted, redundant, effort when collaboration is
>> possible.  And it certainly appears from discussion that they are willing to
>> explore any number of options.
>>
>> So give it your best effort, and good luck.  :-)
>>

> +1 Noel. I'd like to join the PPMC too as an interested party observer.
> I will poke my nose in as a mentor when possible but don't have the
> cycles to commit to it.
Hi Sanjiva,

I'm confused, you're saying you don't have the time to commit to it, but
you want to be one? Mentors have some very concrete responsibilities:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Mentor

While I value your feedback and input, if you don't have enough time, I
don't understand why you should be a mentor. We have 4 mentors already,
and from a logistical standpoint I find it hard to keep up with. Each
mentor tends to have a different opinion or different input.  While more
input can be great, it can easily get to the point of overload and
impedes Getting Stuff Done. :-)

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse