incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Blaze
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:57:23 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 July 2006 03:07, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>
>>  I have provided a direct link to one of the docs on our site
>> http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/amqp/amqp_0-8_specification.pdf
>>

> The license is for the specification, which is far from an obvious one, so I
> would suggest to run this via legal-discuss@apache.org.
>
> The main questions for me would be;
>
>  1. Does the specification allows ASF to develop an Apache licensed
> implementation?

yes.
>  2. Are there parts of the specification that must be included in any
> distribution that limits the down-stream rights (the spec mentions that the
> spec itself is non-transferable)?

If I understand correctly what you are asking  - no, no limitations.

I will add this to be clear. anyone may copy, distribute, implement the
spec as long as they include the license - they can
do so in whole or any part there of

> Further,
> Are there any TCK associated with this work that are part of the specification
> work, and if so what are the licensing requirements at this end?

no.

If we need to I will be glad to do additional follow-up with Apache
legal on any issues that
requires that. We spend many hours well more like months looking at the
issues, so I am glad
to provide information as required.

Regards
Carl.