incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <gordon....@virgin.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Blaze
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:57:25 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> I hope to see some collaboration further
> down the line so that code can be reused across ActiveMQ and Blaze.

Agreed!

Paul Fremantle wrote:
> I think it would be interesting to see a confluence of the APIs and
> protocols between ActiveMQ and Blaze giving interoperability in both
> code and on the wire.
Again, I agree. One point to add here though is that inevitably the API
and protocol are not entirely orthogonal (as an example, in AMQP there
are separate 'exchange' and 'queue' concepts from which, it is intended,
different messaging patterns can be built). The challenge will therefore
be to allow access to all features a protocol through a standard API.
Perhaps a layered approach will be the simplest. Regardless, I look
forward to more collaboration on this!