incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Extensible Ajax Platform (XAP) Project Update
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:16:45 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>> Any off-list communication is a potential problem, not just IRC.
>
> sure. but IRC is much more a "problem" than IM.
> IM *mostly* is peer-peer "chat". IRC a *group* is involved.

Given this paragraph in the committers guide [1]:

> Everything -- but everything-- inside the Apache world occurs or is reflected in email.
As some people say, 'If it isn't in my email, it didn't happen.'

Would adding this sentence to the end help?

   Decisions only get made on Apache mail lists -- not anywhere
   off list, such as IRC, IM, or private emails.

> btw. 404 for:
> http://incubator.apache.org/howtoparticipate.html

oof! some post-docathon moldly links need to be cleaned up. thanks for
pointing it out.

 -jean

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/committer.html