incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:15:04 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Now consider a case where I donate the code, it enters
> the incubator, but I do NOT terminate the external
> project... Then what was the reason *for* the
> "move" to the ASF? It wasn't a move at all, but
> a simple code drop.

How does this differ from the httpd project continuing a basic
level of maintenance on the httpd-1.3 branch?

Are you proposing that the two code bases would be brought in,
whatever basic maintenance would happen in the new combined
project, but that they would release the combined work and slowly
phase users out of both other projects?

I'm not 100% certain it's worth the investment of energy to do
the vetting and release management of maintenance within the ASF
incubator.  It seems like it would become distracting to the new
project effort.