incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 01:04:13 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

> I'd expect that new feature development is done only on the Apache line,
> though I don't know how Apache can require that...

I would hope so.  But the very nature of our license doesn't demand this.

I hope that all of the parties to this new effort bring their sincere energy
to creating one new code base/project under the ASF, but we don't and can't
demand it.  Forks (and in this case, inverted forks) occur, there's nothing
in the ASF process to prevent this.  The lack of any such requirement is
absolutely deliberate.