incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: atom feeds for projects
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 22:17:03 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> the mailing list archives at apache run on mod_mbox which also supplies
> atom
> feeds for these lists. i've added the feed from general to the front page
> and think it'd be cool to add feeds to the pages in projects as well. since
> the focus of  podlings should be recruiting developers (not users) i'm
> thinking of adding feeds to the dev lists.
>
> opinions?
>
> volunteers?

Just be aware that the feeds produced are rarely well formed XML, mostly
due to encoding issues.  For example: http://tinyurl.com/h5f7t

I tried to submit a patch based on my limited understanding of the code,
and was told that my patch wasn't acceptable, and that XML parsers that
require well-formedness were broken anyway -- despite that being
explicitly what the spec requires.

I'd be willing to try again, but only if there was active interest in
actually fixing the problem.

- Sam Ruby