incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [policy] document cleanup (part 1)
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:11:50 GMT
I've added comments to the JIRA issues and vote +1 (non-binding) to
all the proposals.

Craig

On Jul 23, 2006, at 9:17 AM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> try again with a better subject
>
> On 7/20/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> i've been working on tidying up the policy document by removing
>> discursive
>> material into supporting document and trying to leave just the actual
>> policies with only a little linking prose. my intention is that these
>> changes should be policy neutral so please jump in if any of these
>> overstep
>> just editing...
>>
>> all changes to the policy document require a positive vote. i now
>> have a
>> half dozen patches in JIRA so i'd like to start a vote on these.
>>
>> i'm +1 to all
>>
>> - robert
>>
>> --8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
>> -------------
>>
>> change to policy document
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-29
>>
>> [ X] +1 Approve
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -0
>> [ ] -1 Reject
>>
>> change to policy document
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-30
>>
>> [X ] +1 Approve
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -0
>> [ ] -1 Reject
>>
>> change to policy document
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-31
>>
>> [X ] +1 Approve
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -0
>> [ ] -1 Reject
>>
>> change to policy document
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-32
>>
>> [ X] +1 Approve
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -0
>> [ ] -1 Reject
>>
>> change to policy document
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-35

This seems wrong:
+ <p>The Project Management Committee is responsible to the Board for
administering
+ the Incubator Project in the manner specified in the founding
+ <a href='http://incubator.apache.org/official/
resolution.html'&gt;resolution&lt;/a>.

I think the &gt;resolution&lt is actually supposed to be xml
metadata, as:
+ <p>The Project Management Committee is responsible to the Board for
administering
+ the Incubator Project in the manner specified in the founding
+ <a href='http://incubator.apache.org/official/
resolution.html'>resolution</a>.

Maybe this gets "fixed" during post-processing of the xml.

>> [ X] +1 Approve content
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -0
>> [ ] -1 Reject
>>
>> change to policy document
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-36

Typo it's for its:
+ <p>
+This role and it's responsibilities are discussed
+<a href='/incubator/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Sponsor'>here</a>.
+ </p>

should be
+ <p>
+This role and its responsibilities are discussed
+<a href='/incubator/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Sponsor'>here</a>.
+ </p>

>> [ X] +1 Approve content
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -0