incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Blaze
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:37:49 GMT
On 7/18/06, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the comments - I will be brief and then we can have follow up
> exchange as required. comments in-line.
>

> Brian McCallister wrote:
> > Comments in line:
> >
> > On Jul 17, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> >
> >> == Interactions with the specifications ==
> >> The specification is being developed by group of companies, under a
> >> contract that requires the resulting work to be published to a
> >> standards body.
> >
> > Which standards body? What licensing terms apply to the spec?
>
> The body has not been selected yet, this will be decided by the group
> working on the Spec. It will be one of the common suspects. This
> group is set up very similar to Tuscany / SCA setup with some key
> differences which I will highlight a few in the other answers.

This worries me - accepting an implementation whose specification does
not yet have a defined license or containing standards body. Maybe
we've done it before though.

Afaik, and I know little, I thought there were bodies whose rules were
such that we didn't want to work with them. Does that stop us wanting
to do implementations?

Hen