incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Johan Compagner" <jcompag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Wicket
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:04:03 GMT
> imho, i would much rather see wicket-1.2.2 rather then
> wicket-incubating-1.2.2 as a release. to me incubating says "not ready for
> production use". it might mean something different in the apache context
> but
> we cant expect all our existing users or those who stumble upon wicket for
> the first time to enlighten themselves.
>
> so i would rather release on our existing home at sf.net

Yes i would also rather see a normal wicket-1.2.2.jar  when we release an
update
to 1.2.x then a incubator name in it.  1.2.2 is a finished release and
incubator
doesn't say finished to me and that i guess goes for a lot of people.

So i am +1 for option 2.

And for 2.0 we should then really wait for getting out of incubator. Because
the same rules apply to me. I am not pro for a final release with incubator
in the name.

johan