incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Igor Vaynberg" <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Wicket
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:37:04 GMT

> * release elsewhere, making sure to give things an appropriately different
>    name and making sure both users and the incubator PMC understand what
> it
>    all means and what is going on

imho, i would much rather see wicket-1.2.2 rather then
wicket-incubating-1.2.2 as a release. to me incubating says "not ready for
production use". it might mean something different in the apache context but
we cant expect all our existing users or those who stumble upon wicket for
the first time to enlighten themselves.

so i would rather release on our existing home at sf.net

Leo, could you elaborate a bit more on "give things an appropriately
different name"? we just call those releases wicket (like what weve been
doing) as opposed to apache-wicket?

thanks,
-Igor