incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Blaze
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:45:52 GMT
On Wednesday 19 July 2006 03:07, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>  I have provided a direct link to one of the docs on our site
> http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/amqp/amqp_0-8_specification.pdf

The license is for the specification, which is far from an obvious one, so I
would suggest to run this via legal-discuss@apache.org.

The main questions for me would be;

 1. Does the specification allows ASF to develop an Apache licensed
implementation?

 2. Are there parts of the specification that must be included in any
distribution that limits the down-stream rights (the spec mentions that the
spec itself is non-transferable)?

Further,
Are there any TCK associated with this work that are part of the specification
work, and if so what are the licensing requirements at this end?

Cheers
Niclas