incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Blaze and Openness of Standards (was Re: [Proposal] Blaze)
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:48:06 GMT

> Hi Martin,
>
> For just a moment, I thought you were serious.

I was. That _is_ the first thing I think of in relation to Glasgow and
software. Just because it's not the latest technology doesn't make me forget
the association. ;-)

It does seem pretty strange to be naming software after a city, though.
Apache Tokyo, anyone? Apache New York? But if you have to pick a Scottish
city to name it after, I'd recommend Edinburgh - it's a much nicer city
anyway. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

JavaBeans Activation Framework, 1999.