incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Various
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 05:08:04 GMT
On 6/22/06, Hani Suleiman <hani@formicary.net> wrote:

> I'm fairly astounded by the amount of email generated due to my name
> being on the initial committer list.

FWIW, I've been the target of more than a few BileBlog comments ... but that
has nothing to do with whether I think Hani would be a good Apache committer
or not.  Member is a different thing ... but sometimes we learn the most
from people who call us on our foibles and faults, rather than just
overlooking things because we are friends.  And there have been *many* more
than a few Apache committers over the last six years that I'd prefer not to
deal with.

The opinions expressed in the BileBlog have nothing to do with whether Hani
is technically qualified to be a comimitter on an Apache project, and will
not have anything to do with how I view this particular proposal.

Craig

PS:  Hani, will you *please* someday, just once, spell my name correctly so
that Google can find your pearls of wisdom about me?  :-)

PPS:  Ask Remy about DefaultServlet :-)