incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Heraldry Identity Project
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:53:49 GMT
On 6/30/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
<snip>

One thing that bothers me is that there is a very small handful of ASF
> people
> (committers and members) participating in standards efforts.  Once you
> have
> created the implementation of something novel, there are people in both
> the
> IETF and W3C spheres who would gladly help you to understand their
> specific
> processes of authoring a standards document, and navigating the
> standardization
> process.

perhaps one way to reduce the friction would be for somene to add a FAQ
somewhere in the apache documentation about the right way to go about this.

- robert (who thinks FAQs should contain answers to questions that should be
asked frequently as well as those which are)