incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [incubator docathon] podling proposal template
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:22:36 GMT
we talked yesterday about creating a template for proposals. most applicants
cut and paste one of the previous proposals so it probably makes sense for
the incubator to host a standard template. an annotated version would be
good so that we can explain what we're expecting.

here's a basic outltine. please dive in and post comments, annotations,
corrections, enhancements. i'll pull together a document from the consensus

PROJECT PROPOSAL

0. Rationale

0.1 Criteria
Meritocracy:

Community:

Core Developers:

Alignment:

0.2 Warning signs
Orphaned products:

Inexperience with open source:

Homogenous developers:

Reliance on salaried developers:

No ties to other Apache products:

A fascination with the Apache brand:

1. Scope

2. Identify the initial source from which the subprojects are to be
populated

2.1 External Dependencies of the project

3. Identify the ASF resources to be created
3.1 mailing list(s)

3.2 Subversion repository

3.3 Jira

4. Identify the initial set of committers:

5. Identify Apache sponsoring individual

Champion:

Mentors: