incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Incubator Docathon] PPMC guide
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:28:41 GMT

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > On 6/26/06, Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  I like the changes evolving so far in the docathon.
> >>
> >> regarding guides/ppmc.html , more stuff could be moved from
> >> guides/committer.html includes participating in ...
> >>
> >>  + updating the podling status report
> >>   + making sure the quarterly report for the board gets done
> >
> > sounds good
> >
> >>  I don't want to collide with Robert's blindingly fast fingers ... will
> >> offer to massage this page more if nobody is already actively working
> >> on it.
> >
> > we'll leave ppmc and committer's alone here
>
> I updated guides/ppmc with these additions:
>
> (1) top level section that describes what the ppmc is for,
> (2) "PPMC Mail List" section that describes what a ppmc mail list should
> be used for,
> (3) "Incubator ASF Board Reports" section with info on board reports
> (4) "Project Status Updates" section
>
> Please review what I wrote, especially in the top section that says what
> the ppmc is for.

looks good to me

And edit further as you see fit!

the voting in a committer section looks like it could do with some reworking
(IIRC it was dragged in from another document). maybe need to change the
emphasis a little and link better into the existing pmc and new committers
documents in foundation.

- robert