incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project templates
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 19:35:07 GMT

> I will try to get a template based on Maven 1.x ready for ApacheCon
> based on what we've put together for Synapse. If I can persuade the
> Synapse team to help me it might happen.

even if it's not complete, a starting point would be useful

I don't believe that we should view these templates as normative but
> rather as a useful aid and also that they should be considered Work In
> Progress and that Incubator projects be encouraged to see them as
> something that can be improved.

+1

But I fully agree that unless we have a few of these it won't seem that way.

anyone else care to volunteer to come up with something? don't worry if it's
not perfect, i'm sure we can whip it into shape but it's much harder to
start from a blank canvas...

i'll be working on documentation@hackathon so if anyone has any
documentation ideas or requests, feel free to grab me. there's a good change
that we'll be holding a docathon as well.

 - robert