incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator to sponsor and accept Abdera for incubation
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:21:41 GMT
On 6/1/06, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote:

> Leo Simons wrote:
> >>
> >>Champion: Sam Ruby
> >>
> >>Mentors:
> >>
> >> * Garrett Rooney
> >> * Paul Querna
> >
> > One more would be good :-). Perhaps you should volunteer -- you're
> > pretty good at it...and you'll be working on the stuff anyway...
>
> Only as a last resort.  ;-)

First, I'm of the camp that the right number of mentors is one, but I
> respect that others differ on this.

there are some good reasons to prefer three mentors. in particular, three
gives a natural quorum for binding decisions. this reduces friction and
assists smooth flow. (browse the roller lists both public and private to see
the disadvantages of a single mentor no matter how good the community and
mentor.)

anyway, i'm +1 to seeing how things work out...

- robert