incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve Synapse M2 release
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:04:21 GMT

> Hi
>
> Based on the feedback from Robert we have done the following changes:
> 1) Added a NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt in the binary and src distributions.
> 2) Added NOTICE and LICENSE to the meta-inf of the JAR
> 3) Put full info in the MANIFEST.MF
> 4) Renamed the ZIP files to Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2.*
> 5) Renamed the src directory to synapse-src
> 6) Added a licenses directory with the licenses of all subcomponents used
> 7) Rebuilt and resigned the files.
>
> The updated release files are here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-bin.zip
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-src.zip
>

> http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-bin.zip.asc
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-src.zip.asc
>
> The MD5 sums are:
> Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-bin.zip: 3B 36 3A FA D8 BF 48 EB  61 8B
> 03 06 41 79 EF 9C
> Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-src.zip: 8F CC 47 C1 F8 0E E2 7C  14 14
> CB 97 C4 D6 85 B4

i'm now +1

however, i did miss last time that you have licenses for the libraries
distributed in a subdirectory. in general, i like this (but i tend to keep
them with the libraries) but there are some good reasons why a single
license file is recommended for apache releases (
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distributing-code-under-several-licenses).

- robert