incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject JAXB API target
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:18:31 GMT
Hi,

this is possibly OT, so I apologize in advance. A while ago there has
been a discussion around a separate project for specifications on this
list, which grew into nothing. Currently I am on the way to publish a
clean room implementation of the JAXB 2.0 API. There are no IP issues:
It is based on the jaxme-api (clean room JAXB 1.0 API), written by me,
an existing committer and, as of yet, unpublished.

However, the question arises: What would be a possible target project?
I could imagine geronimo-specs (the API will be a part of J2EE 1.5),
harmony (the API will be a part of a future J2SE release), ws commons,
or again JaxMe.

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.