incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:47:08 GMT
Hi,

> The reason why individual employer weren't added for each person is because some
> might read such individual association to mean that people behind the proposal believe
> that it is really their companies who are part of the project rather than the individuals.

For people who've earned karma at Apache, we tend to believe they act
in the Foundation's best interest and trust them, no matter who their
employer is.  But for people who haven't, I'm not sure the same level
of trust is initially offered (though of course it can be gained).

> Do you think its useful to have individual employer?
> Obviously if anyone wants more detailed info I am happy to provide that.

I do think it's useful.  If it's a pain to update the proposal to
reflect these individual associations, I apologize.  If others don't
think it's useful, they can chime in ;)

Yoav