incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Fw: [VOTE] Declare Woden 1.0.0 M5
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:57:21 GMT
Hi Bill,

We newbies at Woden have been getting some conflicting messages about the
release process for projects in incubation. Back in our M2 timeframe (Dec.
2005) Dims asked us to cross post to the incubator and ws pmc lists [1].

We'd like to follow the proper etiquette but at times we haven't been
clear about what that is.

I see that the incubation policy document has been updated with specific
instructions for incubating projects that wish to create a release [2].
These instructions follow your request that the vote only be posted to the
general list. We'll follow this defined process for future milestones.

Thanks to all those that updated the documentation for the incubator
release policy.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-woden-dev/200512.mbox/ajax/%3c19e0530f0512070557r5ca3d32bxfe97a72fde6df2b9@mail.gmail.com%3e
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
06/21/2006 01:21 PM
Please respond to
general@incubator.apache.org

general@incubator.apache.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Fw: [VOTE] Declare Woden 1.0.0 M5

>> There have been no +0 or -1 votes. I'd like to ask the
>> Incubator PMC again to review this request and vote on it.

Etiquite point, not specifically at John himself;

Don't crosspost to closed lists!  Votes are held on the open lists, that
is,
your project's dev list, and the general@incubator list.

Trust that all PMC members are subscribed to the dev/general public list
:)

Only matters of people (e.g. considering committership and pmc membership)
and confidences should be forwarded to the private lists, all other
dialogs,
especially releases and development discussion and decisions must be in
public.

Congrats on hitting this milestone by the way!

Bill