incubator-general mailing list archives

From Peter Davis <peter.da...@neustar.biz>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Heraldry Identity Project
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:39:07 GMT
On 6/20/2006 12:55 PM, "Drummond Reed" <drummond.reed@cordance.net> wrote:

> Dims,
>
> I am very familiar with the SAML and OpenSAML problems; on this message I'm
> cc'ing Peter Davis of NeuStar who has been helping to try to overcome those
> for several years (with some recent progress).

I'll point out that SAML no longer has the IPR concerns.  Both RSA and
Fidelity have dropped their licensing requirements, and Sun also made recent
announcements on this. [1]

Wrt XRI, as drummond pointed out, the TC was chartered explicitly with the
intent of performing as a unencumbered specification committee.

=peterd  ( http://xri.net/=peterd )

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/ipr.php