incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator artifacts and repositories
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 07:24:38 GMT
Hi Noel,

I'm expecting you'll probably respond to my other mail too, but I just
wanted to pick up on this point.

> Distinguishing between what was put out during Incubation and what was put
> out post-Incubation is a good thing.

Why would a project cut another release just because they've
graduated? I can't think of a particular reason - is there something
you had in mind that changes?

As I understand it, no releases can happen until the IP is cleared, so
what we're left with for incubator releases are projects that haven't
yet proven to have a viable, sustainable community - something that
doesn't seem at all to have a bearing on the person receiving the
code.

Just trying to understand what problem is being solved here - I'm a
bit lost in all the solutions :)

- Brett