incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <>
Subject Re: Release votes (was: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve ActiveMQ 4.0 Release)
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:07:41 GMT
On 6/2/06, Paul Fremantle <> wrote:
> I like the idea of automation.
> What would be even more helpful would be a default Apache project
> setup, with a maven release target that builds a release in the right
> format.
> If the project structure started out with LICENSE, NOTICE, JAR targets
> that put those in META-INF, places to put auxiliary licenses, etc, and
> produced signatures, MD5s, etc from day 1, then podlings would be off
> to a great start.
> Also seems like a easier first step than validation.

I proposed a patch for m2 that would allow LICENSE and NOTICE files to
automatically be included in the jar files (MJAR-42) - I've not had
any feedback on it yet.

The structure thing sounds like an Apache-specific archetype mojo -
how about we start a small project here to kick it off (potentially
moving it to m2 later)?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message