incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: primary email, balanced use of IRC
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:10:24 GMT
On 6/23/06, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
<snip/>

> Being there in real time is also difficult.

This effectively cuts out a lot of people.  For partly selfish
reasons, I would hate to see apache projects trend toward more
synchronous communications requirements.

> That is why the summary is so important.

<snip/>

Have any communities consistently turned summaries into discussions?
Have people been able to "jump in" to archived IRC log discussions
meaningfully?  Take these as naive questions from someone with limited
experience reading / interacting with IRC logs or participating in IRC
discussions.

Phil