incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve Synapse M2 release
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:59:59 GMT
Hi

Based on the feedback from Robert we have done the following changes:
1) Added a NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt in the binary and src distributions.
2) Added NOTICE and LICENSE to the meta-inf of the JAR
3) Put full info in the MANIFEST.MF
4) Renamed the ZIP files to Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2.*
5) Renamed the src directory to synapse-src
6) Added a licenses directory with the licenses of all subcomponents used
7) Rebuilt and resigned the files.

The updated release files are here:
http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-bin.zip
http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-src.zip

http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-bin.zip.asc
http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-src.zip.asc

The MD5 sums are:
Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-bin.zip: 3B 36 3A FA D8 BF 48 EB  61 8B
03 06 41 79 EF 9C
Apache-Synapse-Incubating-M2-src.zip: 8F CC 47 C1 F8 0E E2 7C  14 14
CB 97 C4 D6 85 B4

Thanks

Paul

> Robert
>
> Thanks for the detailed review - I really appreciate it. I'll go away
> and sort out those items!
>
> Paul
>

> On 5/31/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/30/06, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > The release files are here:
> > >
> > > http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Synapse-Incubating-M2-bin.zip (
> > > 3.8Mb)
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/M2/Synapse-Incubating-M2-src.zip(260Kb)
> >

> > blockers:
> >  * the binary distribution seems to be lacking LICENSE and NOTICE files
> >  * the source distribution seems to be lacking a NOTICE file
> >
> > important:
> >  * synapse-incubating-M2.jar seems to lack LICENSE and NOTICE files. all
> > distributed artifacts must include these files. this synapse jar must not be
> > distributed raw (for example, via maven). the convention place for these
> > files is the META-INFdirectory.
> >
> > suggested improvements:
> >  * the src distribution should unpack into a synapse-src subdirectory
> > (rather than direct)
> >  * the full title Apache Synapse should be used (Apache Synapse can be
> > protected by trademark). i would prefer apache-synapse-incubating-M2
> >  * the synapse-incubating-M2.jar has a MANIFEST lacking important
> > information. i would recommend populating with something like:
> >     * Extension-Name:  org.apache.synapse
> >     * Specification-Title: Apache Synapse
> >     * Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
> >     * Specification-Version: M2
> >     * Implementation-Title: Apache Synapse
> >     * Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
> >     * Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
> >     * Implementation-Version: M2
> >
> > for more see http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
> >
> > for some java-centric tips see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases
> >
> > - robert