incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <>
Subject Re: New committers
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:55:54 GMT

> > >Or should we create a "adffaces-ppmc" list for the adf faces incubation?
> What do you *want* to do? What makes most sense?

well, MyFaces PMC is faster; but adffaces-ppmc has it's charme too.
But... after adf is a subproject we'll need to delete this list.
So, what is easier for you guys?

> > , so we just used the Struts PMC + initial
> > committers as an informal PPMC to vote on bringing in new committers.
> That seems fine (especially if it worked well!)
> I think this is one such example where there is no good "one size fits all"
> answer. Eg, if you have lots of "informal PPMC" stuff to do, there's always
> the option of setting up a mailing list :)
> What's important is that a PMC at some point is involved in the decision
> (infra@ wants account requests coming on behalf of a PMC) and that the
> actual "project community" (which seems to usually not be 1-1 with any PMC
> in case of incubation) is happy with the decision process. (disclaimer:
> there are lots of important things :) )

I think we should take the time for creating a PPMC list.
Should I bring it up to the INCUBATOR jira? Or the IPMC? Or Craig?
  who is our mentor.