incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New committers
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 05:17:02 GMT

> I think the initial decision was that a PPMC was not necessary as the code was
> just going to be imported into the MyFaces project.  Therefore, the MyFaces PMC
> is responsible for executing the duties that a PPMC would normally do.

Yeah, right the goal was being a MyFaces subproject. Since ADF Faces
is not a small piece of software a TLP status might be reasonable.
That up to the incubator PMC; but -again- prefered choice was being a
subproject.

See [1] for more

<snip>
(1) scope of the subprojects

Although ADF Faces could work well as a TLP, our preference would be
to enter ASF as a MyFaces subproject, but we leave it to the Incubator
PMC and ASF Board to make the final decision.
</snip>

-Matthias

[1] Proposal for ADF Faces, a MyFaces subproject -
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/adfproposal

> Perhaps we need to clarify these types of situations.  What have we done for
> mod_ftp, for example?  My glance at the status page says that there isn't a
> PPMC either.  So, I'd guess pmc@httpd would control adding new committers to
> it.  I guess...
>
> Anyone else have an opinion?  Any other examples?  -- justin

Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18
48282 Emsdetten
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com