incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:10:19 GMT
On 6/21/06, Mika Göckel <mika.goeckel@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hey!
>
> It has been chosen from some (weird) alternatives in a discussion
> between (some of) the listed intial committers.
>  From my point of (not native speaker's) view, it has karma, it's
> expressive and not technical (I personally don't like too descriptive
> names or even acronyms).
> My opinion is, that the name will stay -- do you think it'll need another?

It depends upon whether Celtix and XFire are completely shuttered down
in favor of the new Apache projects - or will they continue on in some
form?  Mainly that all project resources, lists, websites, etc. are
transitioned over.  If they will be continued, then yes, this project
should get a different name as to avoid confusion.

For an example, compare SpamAssassin with Felix.  For SpamAssassin,
everything got transitioned over ultimately.  But, for Felix, the
ObjectWeb resources are still (somewhat) maintained.  -- justin