incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 'public name'
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:04:44 GMT
On 6/11/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Their "real" legal name is only used in cases where it is actually
> legally required. In all other cases, we use their private
> name. This is even the case for things like the member
> attendance records of the foundation, etc...

In short, I think that the person should sign the iCLA with their legal name
(so that it can be bound by force of law) and then note on the iCLA that all
references to this person should be under 'X'.  (Only Jim will see this -
everyone else will see 'X'.)

FWIW, we have at least one ASF member who uses another name than what their
'legal' name is.  (N.B. I'm fairly sure that he follows this list - if so,
he can chime in.)

So, it's not a problem for us - until as Jim pointed out, we have to
disclose it - which generally means you're an Officer and at that point, all
bets are off as to your privacy...  -- justin