incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ruchith Fernando" <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Heraldry Identity Project
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:13:00 GMT
Hi,

> Proposal
> ------------------
> This is a proposal to create a project within the Apache Software
> Foundation to develop technologies around the emerging user-centric
> identity space.
>
> The project would start with Yadis [1] for URL/XRI-based service
> discovery, OpenID [2] for web based single-sign-on and the basis of
> exchanging profile data, and to create a desktop component with a
> standard look and feel, ideally working with the Open Source Identity
> Selector (OSIS) [3] project.  We are currently working with those
> involved in the OSIS project to determine if it would be possible, and
> they willing, to integrate their effort as a part of this one.  If not,
> we still see the value of having a desktop component of this
> infrastructure.  The project would be tasked with the further
> development of these technologies as well as creating a bridge between
> the light-weight URL/XRI based identity technologies and the desktop.

Within the Apache Webservices project we are implementing WS-Security,
WS-SecureConversation WS-SecurityPolicy and WS-Trust specifications
(in Java, C and PHP) and we are also working our way towards
developing the infrastructure which will enable InfoCard
functionality.I'm wondering whether there are any plans of reusing any
of the available impls in the Heraldry/OSIS project?

Thanks,
Ruchith