incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Branding of Incubator projects
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:50:32 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 6/29/06, Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> wrote:
[...]
> if this document doesn't work in it's current form, please post your
> proposed improvements so we can all take a look (that goes for everyone BTW
> :-)

I see no problem with the rest of the document. My only concern
or objection is with bullets 5 and 6. I would strike bullet 6
altogether (since it imposes a requirement on the PRC, not on
podlings), and reword bullet 5 like so:

   5. Any press releases or similar public announcements regarding
   new project proposals or newly accepted podlings are discouraged
   until the proposal has been accepted by the Incubator PMC *and*
   the project codebase has been imported into the ASF source code
   repository.

Martin