incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Branding of Incubator projects
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:56:56 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> So, the guide that I'm "tackling" is the "Podling Branding" guide.
> Here's what I'm proposing after some feedback from others here in Dublin:
> ----
> Podlings are, by definition, not yet fully accepted as part of the
> Apache Software Foundation. Therefore, they are subject to additional
> branding constraints.
> 1. The podling MUST be referred to as "Apache <Podling>" AND mention
> that the project is under Incubation.  Suitable mentions are:
>  - Inclusion of the<podling> URL
>  - The statement that "Apache <Podling> is currently undergoing
> Incubation at the Apache Software Foundation."

I'd offer two alternative (and certainly not your proposal)

  * Apache Incubating Project <podling>

  * Apache <podling> Incubating Project

No other forms would be acceptable, period.  Your proposal leaves editors
and reporters free to drop the second sentence.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message