incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:28:28 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> I thought XFire does all these specs too
> (http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack+Comparison; except for obviously
> JAX-WSA as that's not even done yet). So what part of Celtix (other than
> the name) is in Celtixfire in that case?

Celtix has JAX-WS nearly fully done (hard to tell when the TCK isn't
available yet), where as XFire only has about 50% done.  Additionally
Celtix has things like WS-RM, better JMX Integration, a better JMS
transport, etc.

> However, I'm not certain Iona folks look at it as just an impl of these
> specs- at least that's not the impression I've gotten so far. Adi or any
> of the Iona folks can you indicate what exactly Celtixfire is from your
> point of view? Celtix is still marketed as an ESB and James' picture
> doesn't quite fit. From http://celtix.objectweb.org/: "Celtix 1.0
> provides users with a feature-rich, open source ESB runtime that can
> support any organization’s adoption of Service Oriented Architecture
> (SOA) in the enterprise."
I don't presume to speak for IONA, but after chatting with them a fair
amount I wouldn't let their marketing team influence your opinion of
what the project is about.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse