incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:33:03 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 6/21/06, Mika Göckel <mika.goeckel@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hey!
>>
>> It has been chosen from some (weird) alternatives in a discussion
>> between (some of) the listed intial committers.
>>  From my point of (not native speaker's) view, it has karma, it's
>> expressive and not technical (I personally don't like too descriptive
>> names or even acronyms).
>> My opinion is, that the name will stay -- do you think it'll need
>> another?
>
> It depends upon whether Celtix and XFire are completely shuttered down
> in favor of the new Apache projects - or will they continue on in some
> form?  Mainly that all project resources, lists, websites, etc. are
> transitioned over.  If they will be continued, then yes, this project
> should get a different name as to avoid confusion.
>
> For an example, compare SpamAssassin with Felix.  For SpamAssassin,
> everything got transitioned over ultimately.  But, for Felix, the
> ObjectWeb resources are still (somewhat) maintained.  -- justin
Currently the plan is to leave both the old websites & docs will at the
old locations. And XFire will be making release until Celtixfire
releases a .0 release. I think Celtix will probably make some 1.x or
1.0.x releases as well.

Is this official policy? Or do we just need to come to some consensus as
to whether or not this will be confusing for our users?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions